Batik, a product by Tartan, is an employee benefits marketplace.We have built this on a mission to help employers elevate benefits offering to employees. Batik allows employers to access benefits across various categories such as finance, insurance, gift cards, health, fitness etc at exclusive prices. Employers can provide benefits at just one click and support their workforce’s well-being with zero administrative burden. In simple words, Batik is like an amazon marketplace.
Starting as a feature of one of our products at Tartan, Batik has helped the most innovative companies and HR leaders transform the employee experience to attract and retain top talent through employee benefits, strategic reward, and recognition, and much more.
Tartan is a payroll connectivity API company enabling consent-driven employment and income verification in real-time, which allows businesses to access payroll data directly from the payroll systems to streamline income and employment verification, improve underwriting models, and help employees and independent freelancers avail custom benefits through their employers.
As an early member of our founding team, you'll have the opportunity to work closely with the founders. You'll also play a critical role in Batik's growth and development by being a part of our decision-making processes�
Key deliverables for the Frontend Engineer would be to work on meaningful, large-scale initiatives with a focus on autonomy to build features, be a part of the core team, and give direction to the product along with the CTO
• You will come up with best practices to help the team achieve their technical tasks and continually
thrive in improving the technology of the product/team.
• Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself
on the impact you can create.
• You will collaborate with your peers to define architecture, quality standards, and best practices
• You will work closely with our designers, teaming up in small cross-functional teams to bring features
from idea to prototype to final implementation
• You will architect the frontend React app for modularity, responsiveness, and scalability
We would love to hear from you if :
• You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer at a SaaS or technology company
• Familiarity with the different pieces of technology involved in building modern web applications
• You take pride in delivering high-quality and powerful products to customers while also championing
• You have experience with modern front-end technologies and familiarity with design skills involving
data modeling and low level class design
• You're excited to work collaboratively within engineering and follow SDLC in agile environment and
collaborate with multiple cross functional teams
• Strive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
• Experience with test driven development and pair programming
• Familiarity working with REST APIs
• To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but
you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go
• Passionate about building a product from scratch
• Passion for fintech